IndustryARC - Content Editor (2-6 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities of an Editorial Team Member
- Edit & Proofread - Business Reports, Presentations, Press Releases, Articles and White Papers.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of documents from a language perspective
- Primarily, to make sure that the write-ups are free from ANY kind of grammatical errors (Tenses, verbs, adjectives, necessary punctuations, correct spellings, synonyms, etc.)
- Copy edit material to add value and ensure it meets corporate standards for accuracy and style (checking spelling, grammar, coherence; imposing consistent style; resolving research - fall-out-, inputting changes to electronic files).
- Correcting / Reconstructing / Rephrasing the sentences
- Check for plagiarized contents. Submit proofs where necessary for author review (communicating any manuscript queries to author for reply; providing author time and standards to review proofs; inputting final corrections)
- Managing a team of content editors and writing and being responsible for the team performance and quality.
Eligibility Criteria for an Editorial Team Member:
- A university degree in Journalism & Mass Communication / English Literature or equivalent work experience
- Must have a strong command over the English language
- Should have the knowledge regarding the difference between American and British style of writing
- A keen eye for perfection / quality
- Should have knowledge of editorial methodology and corporate standards
- Must be comfortable in re-writing and proofreading lengthy documents
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities
- MS skills - Word, Outlook
- Thinking from the reader's (client- s) point of view
- Attention to detail and exacting working standards for delivering high-quality assets