HR Consultant at Recrutist
Views:396 Applications:118 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:106
Head - Sales - General Trade - FMCG (4-6 yrs)
Head - Sales - General Trade
- The Sales Head is responsible for the sales performance of the General Trade Channel for the assigned Region / Territory in India.
- He/she is responsible for delivering the overall territory sales objectives, supervises, fine-tunes and monitors the execution and takes pro-active initiatives to cease every opportunity to increase the sales in accordance with the company policies and strategies.
- Ensuring the entire operation of general trade is profitable
- Penetrating different and new geographies and markets
- Improving the shelf space across different general trade formats
- Devising and implementing the strategies for improving volume and penetration across general trade
- Planning and executing local / regional strategies
Successful performance requires :
- A high degree of people management skills,
- Planning & analytical skills to handle complex situations,
- Taking the full responsibility for decisions and repercussions,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and
- Clear commitment and vision to lead his team.
Responsibilities (non-conclusive) :
1) Meeting volume and value objectives of the assigned territory within budget, time and policy parameters through efficient control of the distributor network and staff.
2) Planning, implementing and monitoring all traditional sales activities within the assigned territory as an entrepreneurial manager, particularly providing an annual drive-plan for the whole territory in collaboration with the Traditional Trade Manager.
3) Responsible for executing visibility norms across the territory as per COMPANY standards. Is also accountable for tracking and maintaining all company merchandising elements in his territory
4) Is responsible for product launch planning and its execution in his/her territory.
5) Regular and timely reporting along pre-defined formats to relevant internal stake-holders
6) Pro-active daily contact to the local distribution partner(s) to support their business, and to gradually build on infrastructure parameters to take the COMPANY business forward.
7) New Business development : Constantly seeking new opportunities to increase and extend the scope of COMPANY- 's business operations in close cooperation with the Traditional Trade Manager
8) Extensive traveling within the region in order to get market insights from the total territory.
9) Documentation and seeking prior approval of all trade expenses for audit purposes
10) Track competition activities monthly. Document and communicate the same to the marketing & sales management team in the monthly review meeting.