Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:487 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Head - Business Development - Textile (20-30 yrs)
Our client is Leading Polyester Producer in South East Asia. Looking for Head of Business Development Polyester Polymers and Fibers. Looking for Engineers ( Not Diploma) with 25 years of experience having handled Exports of polyester polymers and Fibers or related products.
Interested candidates must call Krishnan at 08309618146
Qualification - B.Tech. (Textiles or Chemical), MBA Qualification added advantage.
Key Requirements : - 20 years of experience in Textile Industry (Polyester Polymer/ Fiber/ Yarn)
- Should have worked for at least 5 years in Product Innovation (both product and market development)
- Should have thorough knowledge of Polyester Polymer and Fiber Production.
- Knowledge of Polyester fiber markets, segments, applications is mandatory
- Knowledge about fiber spinning and the interaction of fiber technology, fiber chemistry and fiber properties and their effect on spun yarn processing and properties is essential.
- Exposure to Weaving/ Knitting/ Fabric Processing desired.
- Should have worked on customer alliances/ joint product development.
- Should have worked directly with customers on product applications and improvement.
- Should have a free mind to develop and work on new ideas to the benefit of the organisation
Reporting to : This is a senior position and reports directly to the Director.
Job Overview :
- To identify, develop, and sustain markets for Polyester fibers and Polymers, by engaging in product innovation and customer development.
- Fully responsible for all Customer Alliances, especially with respect to speciality products.
- To visit customers (both domestic and export) regularly, and understand their needs, and provide solutions through customized products.
- To provide sense of security and satisfaction to the customers, by addressing their stated and implied needs.
- To effectively communicate to plant the market requirements and actively participate in improving the performance and quality of Polyester Polymer and Fiber, based on such customer inputs.
- To interact and follow up on regular basis with production, process control, technical service and quality control departments to improve and optimize product performance.
- To evaluate and inform the changing needs of the market to the management and help in developing new/specialty products.
- Responsible for gathering effective market intelligence (competition, customer requirement, technology changes, trends), and help management in formulating strategies to improve market share.
- To work with technology and equipment providers to achieve manufacturing excellence and improve competitiveness.