Assistant Manager - Talent Management at Gutenberg
Views:98 Applications:64 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Gutenberg - Account Executive - Public Relations (1-3 yrs)
Job Description for Public Relations Account Executive
JOB TITLE: Account Executive, Client Servicing (Technology Clients)
SERVICE LINE: Public Relations: Client Servicing
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager
LENGTH: Full-Time Position with 3 months probation period
Company Background & Overview :
Gutenberg Communications is a global, full-service strategic communications firm. Our work in digital, public relations, content, video, and brand communications harnesses the power of print, online, mobile, social, and traditional to help companies build their brands. Our strengths include in-depth insight into media landscapes, endless imagination, strong relationships with influential international media and analysts, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Our clients span a broad range of industries including technology, financial services, infrastructure, aviation, defense, hospitality, e-commerce, real estate, healthcare, education, and not-for-profit causes.
Founded in 2004, the company is headquartered in New York City with offices in Silicon Valley, Boston, London, New Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune.
Summary & Overview of the Position :
Primary responsibilities for Account Executive include and are not restricted to the following :
- Supporting multiple Technology client account team(s) in the execution of the client Public Relations (PR) plan
- Regular responsibilities include media/news tracking, reporting, drafting press releases and articles, developing client and management profiles, coordinating media events, following up with media contacts, and responding to client inquiries and requests.
- Ensure any company-specific processes, templates and guidelines are followed in client servicing tasks.
- Supporting the development of practice area(s) related to clients supported. Best-practice development and knowledge sharing across the organization.
- Supporting new business development efforts and any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- May include independently managing certain aspects of the PR plan or client projects, developing independent media relationships, conducting social media campaigns or managing client social media accounts.
Cultural Competencies :
We would like our employees to identify with the following characteristics and company values :
- Is a self-starter and proactive, who looks to take initiative.
- Doesn't need a lot of hand-holding, and can thrive in a young, entrepreneurial environment
- Looks to ask questions / has a spirit of inquiry.
- Ability to think strategically.
- High-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance, but who can lead by example.
- Ability to earn the trust of co-workers, maintain confidence, and put the company's self-interest above oneself.
- Interpersonally savvy, relates well to people throughout the organization.
- Committed to building strong teams, looks to develop solid relationships and elicit collaboration.
- Someone with a level of self-awareness and ability to bond easily with others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations /Communications/Media/Marketing or related fields
- 1.5 to 2 years of corporate experience working with Technology clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of contemporary media and its operations
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation