GO DESi - Operations Assistant - Sales (0-2 yrs)
Job Title: Operations Assistant/ Customer Sales Representative
- End- to- end ownership of e-commerce sales including processing of all orders through various online portals.
- Owning and delivering targets for key operating metrics
- Efficiency, Productivity and fulfillment percentage.
- Customer service skills to include daily contact with client base and follow-up to all inquiries
- Closely work with the operations manager to optimize e-commerce sales as well as increase efficiency in processing the orders.
Desired Candidate :
- Any graduate - fresher or with relevant experience
- Ability to work in high velocity environment.
- Local language proficiency
- Should be comfortable working with MS excel. Should be able to investigate for root causes on complaints and other issues occurring in day to day operations
- Prior experience in logistics industry with a little amount of people management exposure preferred
About GO DESi:
Most companies on what they do and how they do what they do (we just invented a tongue twister)! However for us at GO DESi, Why is the single most important question.
So let us start with the WHY? Why does GO DESi exist?
We want to kickstart the revolution of food processing at the farm gate with the aim of increasing the share of consumer value captured at the farm. This, we have seen in our experience kicks off a chain reaction; higher realisation for the farmer for its produce, a scalabe economic centre in rural areas which provide long term jobs & eventually a product for the consumer where she can trace back its roots.
How do we do this, we are building GO DESi is a platform where we identify regional products manufactured by FPO/ Cooperatives/ rural entrepreneurs, standardise them, brand them under GO DESi and plug it into our omni channel selling network.
Coming to the what- right now GO DESi is taking shape as a DESi confectionery brand, you can check out our products at www.godesi.in. We are currently available in 600+ consumer touchpoints in Bangalore & Hyderabad. GO DESi Imli pop is the fastest selling confectionery product online and we are even exploring export markets.
Should you apply: sounds like the Mission Impossible self destruct message (should you choose to apply):
What we are trying to do is difficult but nowhere close to being impossible. What we offer is a fast paced, fun environment, with a great deal of independence, responsibility and the opportunity to learn.
For us culture is the secret sauce and hence we are very particular about the kind of people we want on board. We believe skills can be learnt but behaviour change is difficult and hence for us the right people are:
- Have read about us, are genuinely interested in working at GO DESi, it is not just another job.
- Get shit done
- Take initiative
- Do not need hand holding
- Make and learn from mistakes
- Continiously update and upgrade their skills
- Do more from less
- Are humble
- Are more than the sum total of their work experience (fun hobby, passion etc)
Know a little about people who form the core team at GO DESi:
- Vinay, who has more than 10 years of experience in the FMCG space, has worked on award winning projects like E-Choupal, managed and launched national brands like Sunfeast.
- Raksha, an ex-KPMG employee as well as has almost 5 years of experience working with different organisations in the social sector - Youth Alliance, Prafull Oorja and The Kha Foundation.
- Akhil, has completed his graduation in Operations Management from the University of Auckland. He has worked with tourism - New Zealand prior to working with GO DESi.
We are a very young start up and hence we want to be clear about what we do not offer:
No fancy coffee machines (filter coffee & DESi chai is always available), no bean bags, no showers in office (except Holi), no mid day naps, no fancy lunches (though we are always loaded with DESi snacks and new product trials).
If you made it till here and can identify with all we said above, we cant wait to hear from you!