GO DESi - Manager - Sales (2-4 yrs)
Area Executive/ Area Manager Profile- Institutions and Modern Trade
Must Have Attributes :
- 2-4 years of sales and distribution experience in FMCG specifically in the food Industry
- Experience and connects across channels (GT, MT, ISS & Institutional Sales)
- Experience in handling multiple customers, distributors & sales executives
- Experience in launching a new brand/ start up in the market, establishing distribution channels will be an added advantage.
- Good regional knowledge (South India, Bangalore specifically
- Based out of Bangalore and has connects in the Bangalore market
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good Excel skills a must
- Experience of working with sales softwares & ERP systems
Preferred skills :
- A hands on person, willing to work on the ground.
- Independent, does not need constant inputs, should be able to chart his own course once an objective has been agreed upon.
- Thrives in a highly uncertain environment and is able to take quick decisions
Compensation, perks & benefits:
- Compensation will match Industry standards
- You will get to be part of the growth stage of the company and hence opportunity for fast growth
- Fair, transparent work environment
About GO DESi :
- Most companies on what they do and how they do what they do (we just invented a tongue twister)! However for us at GO DESi, Why is the single most important question.
- So let us start with the WHY? Why does GO DESi exist?
- We want to kick-start the revolution of food processing at the farm gate with the aim of increasing the share of consumer value captured at the farm. This, we have seen in our experience kicks off a chain reaction; higher realisation for the farmer for its produce, a scalable economic centre in rural areas which provide long term jobs & eventually a product for the consumer where she can trace back its roots.
- How do we do this, we are building GO DESi is a platform where we identify regional products manufactured by FPO/ Cooperatives/ rural entrepreneurs, standardise them, brand them under GO DESi and plug it into our omni channel selling network.
- Coming to the what- right now GO DESi is taking shape as a DESi confectionery brand, you can check out our products at www.godesi.in. We are currently available in 600+ consumer touch points in Bangalore & Hyderabad. GO DESi Imli pop is the fastest selling confectionery product online and we are even exploring export markets.
- Should you apply: sounds like the Mission Impossible self-destruct message (should you choose to apply):
- What we are trying to do is difficult but nowhere close to being impossible. What we offer is a fast paced, fun environment, with a great deal of independence, responsibility and the opportunity to learn.
- For us culture is the secret sauce and hence we are very particular about the kind of people we want on board. We believe skills can be learnt but behaviour change is difficult and hence for us the right people are:
- Have read about us, are genuinely interested in working at GO DESi, it is not just another job.
- Get shit done
- Take initiative
- Do not need hand holding
- Make and learn from mistakes
- Continuously update and upgrade their skills
- Do more from less
- Are humble
- Are more than the sum total of their work experience (fun hobby, passion etc)
Know a little about people who form the core team at GO DESi :
- Vinay, who has more than 10 years of experience in the FMCG space, has worked on award winning projects like E-Choupal, managed and launched national brands like Sunfeast.
- Raksha, an ex-KPMG employee as well as has almost 5 years of experience working with different organisations in the social sector - Youth Alliance, Prafull Oorja and The Kha Foundation.
- Akhil, has completed his graduation in Operations Management from the University of Auckland. He has worked with tourism - New Zealand prior to working with GO DESi.
- We are a very young start up and hence we want to be clear about what we do not offer:
- No fancy coffee machines (filter coffee & DESi chai is always available), no bean bags, no showers in office (except Holi), no mid-day -naps, no fancy lunches (though we are always loaded with DESi snacks and new product trials).
If you made it till here and can identify with all we said above, we can- t wait to hear from you!