Genesis - Sales Lead - VIA (5-15 yrs)
As an IT sales professional, you'll usually work with commercial clients, suggesting the right technological hardware and software products to suit their business needs.
- In pre-sales, this may involve demonstrating features of a particular product. It may also mean responding to a pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) and then, if short listed, replying to more detailed information to tender (ITT) document.
- Once the sale of the product or service is completed, after-care is usually provided which may include technical support, such as solving faults or problems and advising on appropriate user training.
The work of an IT sales professional falls into three main areas :
Pre-sales - Giving detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer's needs
Sales - Negotiating a commercial agreement to the benefit of both the customer and supplier
Post-sales (or after-sales) - Providing the support of hardware and software.
As an IT sales professional, you'll need to :
- Speak to customers, either face to face or over the phone
- Gain an understanding of customers' diverse and specific business needs and apply product knowledge to meet them
- Ensure quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers' systems and processes, and then documenting them
- Carry out cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings
- Identify and develop new business through networking and follow-up courtesy calls
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations of software to customers
- Market and promote a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and attending industry events
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals.
- Develop effective sales plans using sales methodology
- Provide technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale
- Advise on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts such as manufacturing or other specialist areas
- Meet sales targets set by managers and contribute to team targets
- Network with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades
- Handle hardware or software problems and faults, referring on to specialist technical colleagues where appropriate
- Respond to tender documents, proposals, reports and supporting literature
- Manage workload in order to organize and prioritize daily and weekly goals
- Contribute to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
- Applicants preferred who have a existing network in manufacturing industry as the product is AI and to be sold to manufacturers or the candidate has to be very smart to do cold calls and generate a revenue by creating a new manufacturing network.