HR at Alloys Consulting
Views:108 Applications:31 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
General Manager - Editorial - Educational Publishing House (10-18 yrs)
Job Description :
Required Experience: 10 to 18 years in an educational publishing house
Job Responsibilities :
- Draft all editorial guidelines to ensure accuracy in all content produced.
- Extensively involved in reviewing, developing and strengthening the content to create and develop products with unique features to make them different from what already exists in the market.
- Also involved in extensive research, identifying the competition, analysing deeply its strengths and weaknesses, comparing our existing and upcoming titles with the competition and work on bringing a quality product that fills the lacunae existing in the market.
- Looking after all the editorial parameters and striving constantly to not compromise with the Quality of the product.
- Looking after the copyright and plagiarism aspects.
- Finding the gap areas of the company and filling them up with the best option available, which involves extensive market study of the leading title on the subject.
- Preparing a template of the book which the publication house should come up with. Commissioning the best author for the same and then supervising the book at each step to deliver a qualitative product at the end of the publishing cycle.
- Review of manuscripts, helping in making appropriate advertising materials and giving inputs in all aspects are the added responsibilities.
- Attending conferences and look for leads for developing new titles or revising the existing ones
- Developing the entire product team.
- Time-to-time training your team in their areas of expertise and inspiring them to align with the vision and mission of the department as well as the organisation.
- Smooth compliance of the in-house editorial software.
Additional Information :
Job Requirement :
- Strong understanding of the Competitive Exams market in India.
- Well versed with the academic calendar & curriculum of major competitive exams
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
- Good Time management skills
- Ability to write and present reports
- Excellent leadership & team building skills
- An eye for detail and be very accurate in their work
- Imagination and good visual sense
- Strong organisational skills
- Keen interest in learning about the education sector and all the opportunities it has to offer
Required Qualification :
- Graduation - Any Graduate
- In Other - Not Required Per/CGPA
Preferred Age Group : All Age
Preferred Gender : All