Verified Recruiter at Global Research & Advisory Firm
Views:337 Applications:106 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Gartner - Specialist - Research (0-3 yrs)
- What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you ? When you join the world's leading Research & Advisory company, you'll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you'll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication- and rewards it with opportunity. If you- re always looking for what's next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you ?
- When you join Gartner Research, you'll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You- ll deliver must-have research and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you'll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you'll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work - and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role :
- Gartner is searching for an India-based research Specialist to join The Emerging Technology and Trends (ETT) Practice. ETT explores technologies at the bleeding edge of innovation and at the early stages of adoption. Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide ?
- The Specialist will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior executives in leading global technology and service provider organizations. This individual will work on a wide range of written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods - interview executives at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights - to help organizations accelerate their speed to market and improve success rate of emerging technology innovations. Specialist must be interested in all types of technology innovation and have the ability to immerse yourself in an emerging trend and be ready hop to the next trend to keep up with the pace of innovation. This role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of Gartner.
What you will do :
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and solve business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Conduct case-based research by speaking with senior executives, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches.
- Collaborate and lead in the creation of key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large advice-based research studies, use-case studies, innovation profiles, client presentations and webinars, or custom research requests.
- Be a key member of the research and advisory Emerging Technology practice team and contribute to the entire project life cycle exploring new innovations - from conception to completion and presentation.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders globally.
Who you are :
- We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a capability discovering, exploring and making sense of emerging technology early signals to advise senior leadership in technology and service provider organizations. A personal passion or relevant experience in Information Technology, innovative technology start-ups and emerging trends is preferred.
- Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a technology innovations and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into Emerging Technologies and Trends to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Self-motivated project leadership.
Preferred experience :
- Master's (Business, Economics, Finance, Technology MBA, etc.) or PhD degree
- 0-3 years of research and/or management consulting experience.
- Experience in qualitative research methods, and experience in grounded theory preferred.
What we offer :
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including :
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
About Gartner :
- Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner :
- The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
- Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner's career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096
Location : Gurgaon, India
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.