Fashion Merchandiser - Apparel (4-5 yrs)
About the Company
We are a digital first platform focused on luxury Indian-wear, that strives to be a leader in the segment. We intend to excel in our space with better curation of our selections and leveraging technology to create an infrastructure that supports Indian designers.
Role: Fashion Merchandiser
Industry Type: Textile & Apparel/Fashion
Functional Area: Merchandising, Fashion Buyer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Proven working experience in merchandising Luxury Indian-wear products
- Experience in the e-commerce space
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent vendor/ designer management skills, juggle several vendors and varying product services.
- Negotiation skills to renew contracts and to make changes to existing vendor contracts.
- Good knowledge in Computers (Basic),
- Good sense of trends, colour, texture, visual perspective are important, as are personal style and creativity
- Interest in Indian Fashion
- Works independently without a lot of oversight and has a strong work ethic
- Dynamic and flexible attitude to fit the work environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and quick turnarounds
- Ability to commute/relocate to Mumbai
- Start work within 1 week of confirming role
- Planning and developing merchandising strategies across the site
- Identify opportunities for eCommerce channel to differentiate product range from competitors keeping in mind trend forecasting
- Vendor identification and development across a range of Indian designers. Build, maintain and manage strong vendor relationships and keep up good communications
- Collaborating with vendors to negotiate prices, quantities and timelines and monitor the sourcing & delivery schedule. Setting of standards for quality of merchandise and ensuring timely onboarding of vendors
- To work with Marketing and Operations teams to develop Visual Merchandising promotions in line with product launches such as photoshoots, launch calendars and inventory flows.
- Analysing sales figures, customers- reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs. Develop an online merchandise strategy in collaboration with marketing team on seasonal merchandise theme.
- Analyse and evaluate effectiveness of conversion optimization by investigating on-site behaviour, continuously improving results. Review and adjust the season plans and weekly plans
- Conduct competitor benchmarking to ensure the right positioning. Keeping a track of Competitor's activities through market research activities to track and understand trends, forecasting etc.
- Manage budget and margin targets, fashion range planning and building the product portfolio accordingly. Maintaining and managing all the working records, files, excels, charts and stock of materials.
- Formal training in a Design School (Preferable)
Full-time. Weekday work timings are 10:00am to 7:00pm. Working on the weekend depends on a case-by-case basis based on workload, deadlines etc., but is flexible.
Work: Hybrid between work from home and work from the Mumbai-based office.
Details to be provided by applicant:
- Updated CV
- Current CTC
- Notice Period
- Share a portfolio/work link