HR Associate at EY India
Views:581 Applications:194 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:83
EY - Business Development Professional (10-18 yrs)
The Business Development Executive's primary role is to drive results for clients, the account/hunting team, and the Firm. Focusing on y Accounts, the BDE conducts rigorous account planning/hunting and management and works with accounts to drive relationships across the client's organization to ensure client satisfaction. This includes leveraging the Firm's key initiatives and cross-functional services for new business opportunities within the account. The BDE is accountable for revenue results. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record for hunting and developing relationships at the - C- level of running accounts and should also understand the entire tendering process.
Your key responsibilities :
- Own the business development/pursuit process and generate Revenue month on month from the accounts.
- Lead in hunting, formulating account strategy, and executing the plan
- Work with the Client Service Partner and participate throughout the Client and Engagement Life Cycle.
- Share knowledge and leading practices within the Area and the Firm
- Conduct the following client-facing activities:
- Initiate, build and sustain client relationships
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Resolve concerns
- Ensure client satisfaction
- Pursue new business opportunities
- Conduct the following internal activities :
a. Develop account strategy and plan
b. Conduct account team meetings and provide coaching
c. Manage business development efforts
Own and manage the pipeline :
- Hunt for new accounts, work with business operations to oversee the development of proposals, touchpoint campaigns, and direct and lead account coordinators on their assigned accounts
Skills and attributes for success :
- Is familiar with trends and issues that create opportunities to add value to the client's business.
- Makes clients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; initiating, building, and sustaining productive client relationships resulting in delivering quality service and ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensures that a meeting serves its business objectives while using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods
- Actively participates as a member of the hunting/account team to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Identifies opportunities and takes actions to build strategic relationships with partners, sr. managers., Area/Sub-Area leadership teams, practices, and other areas, teams, or departments to help achieve business goals
- Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, shows an air of confidence, and deals comfortably with colleagues
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients
Analytical/Decision-Making Responsibilities :
- This person must leverage the Firm's key initiatives and cross-functional services for clients and new business opportunities to grow revenue in alignment with the Firm's strategy.
- He/she must have a seasoned understanding of hunting, know the accounts marketplace/industry, competitive and account information, and the ability and deep experience to the team with and influence technical partners to serve the client.
- The BDE must be able to work within a matrix organization while balancing the client's needs with the Firm's and service lines- initiatives and goals.
Supervision Responsibilities :
- This is an individual contributor role. Although he/she generally does not have direct responsibility for supervising department personnel, this person must have strong influencing skills to work with technical partners and operations staff in order to get the right resources to serve the client.
- Must be able to make decisions, such as prioritize relationships to develop, negotiate with clients (external and internal) and overcome obstacles with minimal supervision. Makes independent decisions with little input from BD Leader.
Other Requirements :
- Should have handled CEO/CFO relationships in the running hunting/account market.
- Should have a good understanding of clients in the northern region and should have had enough exposure to businesses and consultative selling.
Ideally, you'll also have :
- Good communication skills
What we look for :
We're looking for passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.