Encasa Homes - New Product Development Officer (0-5 yrs)
We are looking for a someone who is interested in the research and development of products for our home furnishings brand, Encasa Homes. The role will be an analytical role and you will learn how to deeply research a product category (in India and internationally) to evaluate whether a consumer gap exists for us to enter.
You will be fully responsible for managing right from identifying the product up to launching it in the market. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals.
- Identify interesting products which fit into our profile & price range, and which we can make or source.
- Present list of above products every 2 weeks to get approval to study further.
- Do in-depth Product Research country-wise to find out market size, pricing, availability.
- Learn and complete detailed costing to find out profitability of a product line.
- Find suppliers for sourcing interesting products, collect samples and negotiate.
- Present entire business case including demand, profitability, vendor availability to allow a final decision.
- For approved projects, coordinate with design team to start finalizing all aspects - including product details such as colours, designs sizes, material quality, vendors, etc.
- Coordinate the initial launch order and ensure it is produced as per the specifications and required deadlines.
- Work with design & listing teams to prepare world-class content (images, copywriting & overall quality of listing).
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that the product is launched with sufficient push, check whether the performance is as per the research expectations. If not, work on improving the product or content to ensure it succeeds.
Who you are :
- Very analytical mindset.
- Strong interest is research and seeing products launched to consumers.
- Ability to dig through data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Strong in Excel / Google Sheets.
- Self-motivated person who can prioritize your own work.