Education Counsellor (0-5 yrs)
We are looking for full-time Admission Strategists to join our team in New Delhi. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in guiding students and families through the admissions process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing students' academic performance, interests, and activities to develop individualized admission plans that position them to stand out in the application process.
- Maintaining expert knowledge of high school curricula, extracurricular activities, leadership choices, summer program applications, and standardized test planning to make recommendations regarding admissions strategies.
- Conducting regular consulting sessions with students, documenting action items and notes. Maintaining reasonable levels of communication with students and families outside of formal sessions through various channels (e.g. email, etc.)
- Co-ordinating with our research mentors, partner programs, and standardized test and academic coaches to ensure the students complete recommended activities in time and with high quality.
- Utilizing in-depth knowledge of institutions of higher learning to guide students and parents towards university choices, working with them to create lists of best-fit schools of varied competition and communicating with these schools to maximize acceptance chances.
- Brainstorming and guiding applicants to develop unique application essays that effectively showcase their strengths and unique skills.
- Review articles, essays, research proposals, resumes, recommendations, and other documents to provide strategic feedback which may be provided in a written/oral format or an in-person meeting.
- Editing and proofreading materials such as articles, essays, research proposals, resumes, recommendations, and other documents involved in building up a strong set of academic and extracurricular achievements and in putting together a strong application
- Creating and delivering presentations to students on best practices when it comes to Essay Writing, School Research, and other aspects of the application process.
- Collaborating with the sales team in initial consultations to explain our services and encourage client investment.
- Assisting with product and resource development initiatives to enhance our services.
- Facilitating or leading the development and presentation of marketing materials for seminars or expositions.
We are looking for candidates with Qualifications:
- Graduation from a US University (strongly preferred) or an MA/MS from a US or a UK university
- Experience in US/UK undergraduate admissions consulting.
- Passion for mentoring young adults with a global perspective.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Resilience, flexibility, and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment.
- Preferred experience in education, coaching, tutoring, and admissions consulting.
- Preferred Skills: Excellent Writing Skills, Strategic Planning, Form Completion Proficiency, Organizational Communication and Adaptability.