Edgegrid - Area Sales Manager (3-7 yrs)
Area Sales Manager
- At EdgeGrid, we are changing the way energy is produced and consumed. We are leading the energy transition to accelerate zero-carbon future.
EdgeGrid is a
- Marketplace platform re-shaping the last-mile delivery of energy
- Platform that rewards consumers for supporting climate-friendly power and responsible energy usage
- One energy cloud platform, where everyone can connect, transact and create value.
- If you join us now, you'll be an early team member in helping the founders shape the direction & focus of the company create massive impact
- At EdgeGrid, we are neither solving a small problem nor are we addressing a small market; we are going after climate change - the most pressing issue of our times - with a consumer-tech approach.
- Join us in building an organization that empowers consumers and businesses to achieve more by being climate-friendly. Your life's work should be something that matters. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
Who are we looking for ?
- We are looking for - Anchor sales leaders!
- Anchor sales leaders are revenue machines from day-1. They build parallel growth engines by owning the team and customers to achieve -hyperscale- growth. They serve on the front lines and can close deals in their sleep. They intuitively know how to pave a path to get the customer to "yes"; the word "no" is simply not in their vocabulary. They go beyond the call of duty to make customers successful.
- Firstly, you are excited about our purpose and what we are doing - we don't expect you to be an energy expert; but you should be excited to build the energy of the future.
- A self-starting mentality, constantly analyzing how to increase your effectiveness
- A collaborative nature, partnering with the greater sales org to drive results
- A customer-first mindset, developing a creative and effective communication cadence to meet their needs
What you'll do ?
- You partner with our Account Executives to build and implement an effective sales pipeline strategy. By using a variety of tools and data points, you strive to drive the adoption of our products and provide an excellent sales experience.
- You are customer-focused and creative, able to think strategically and effectively to adjust the approach to meet the needs of our customers.
Key responsibilities :
- Understand and align with company's overall objectives; have a clear understanding of product offerings and value proposition to the end consumers.
- You will be closely tracking the sales funnel of prospective customers created by account executives through various tools and help in closing the deals.
- As territory head, establish your sales motion by developing compelling, thoughtful and valuable prospecting sequences.
- Make specific time-bound sales targets for the geographical region
- Assign realistic but ambitious growth targets to account executives
- Create, document, and codify sales processes
- Monitor and track performance to ensure 100% visibility of sales cycle stages. Ensure daily operational rhythm of measure, learn, improve, repeat.
- Build channel partnerships with local networks and entrepreneurs
- Partner with teams internally to ensure we've accurately scoped out product needs, and that our customers have a smooth onboarding transition.
- Identify opportunities for growth, corporate/enterprise tie-ups and partnerships
- Responsible for delivering sales numbers as per Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual targets
- Perform strategic outbound prospecting as part of your territory planning and partnerships
- Assign and work closely with an Account Executive or Account Manager on following up on inbound leads need to have
- 3 to 7 years of experience in- direct sales.
- Experience with a B2B or B2C startup is preferred
- Experience of driving sales and growth in early stage companies/startups
- Demonstrated a collaborative approach with the cross-functional teams between tech/marketing/field services and finance
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to understand complex situations, ambiguous data, problem solving and solution building approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must