Director - Business Development - Advertising Firm (10-15 yrs)
Position Title : Business Development Director
Indicative Level : Senior Management
Function : Business Development
Location : Mumbai
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Business Strategy and Planning :
1. Develop and execute the firms business development strategy, including short-term and long- term goals.
2. Collaborate with the executive team to align business development efforts with the overall company vision.
3. Develop and implement a strategy for business development and build a comprehensive pipeline of new contracts and clients (domestic and international)
4. Fundamental responsibility is to generate business from new clients and get further contracts from existing client for the following service offerings, wayfinding and signage, brand identity,
interior design, store design and planning, Digital and other related offerings.
5. Should be well versed with The One Off services and case studies in order to effectively sell the serving offering and capabilities
6. Responsible for enhancing and updating all external collateral to be used in pitch presentations.
7. Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, the board, clients, team members and prominent industry associations.
8. Collaborate with cross-functional teams; finance, operations, and HR to ensure business development targets are met.
Lead Generation and Sales:
1. Identify and engage potential clients and business partners through networking, cold calling, and other lead generation methods.
2. Develop and deliver persuasive sales pitches and presentations to prospective clients.
3. Lead negotiations with potential clients, including drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements.
4. Strategic recommendations for improvement or expansion of the business and service offering
5. Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies that could impact the business.
6. Eventually responsible for building and managing a business development team.
7. Relationships with retailers and brands would be great value.
8. The role would also include creating & executing a coherent and coordinated outreach marketing and PR plan for The COMPANY
9. Weekly BD presentations and reports to the Board and Senior Management.
1. 10 + years of experience in a managerial position in a design or an advertisement consulting organization is preferred.
2. Bachelor's & degree in business, marketing, or a related field (MBA preferred).
3. Proven track record in business development, sales, or a related role, preferably in the same industry.
4. Strong understanding of market dynamics, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
5. Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
6. Strategic thinking and analytical mindset.
7. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively, proactive, self-motivated, and results oriented.