Talent Acquisition at Cympl Studios
Views:30 Applications:5 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Cympl Studios - Senior Game Writer/Creative Writer (5-10 yrs)
CYMPL Studios is looking for talented, experienced senior writers to lead content for our ongoing mobile game. You'll work with the game team in the company, craft characters, plots, and series concepts, and see your writing come to life in the game. This is a full-time position based out of our Pune office. Our ideal candidate creates stories with interesting characters and compelling narratives, which will appeal to the Indian audience and is able to follow the established style and tone of our games, and can write from a variety of perspectives. Additionally, candidates should be able to adapt writing to meet requirements, and consistently meet deadlines. Excellent copywriting and editing skills are a must.
You would work with a team to deliver high-quality interactive narrative content for the new game. This position involves leading brainstorms, outlining, reviewing outlines to ensure cohesiveness of storytelling, hands-on writing, extensive editorial work, game testing, and collaboration. You'll also work with an art director to ensure the vision and quality of the final product, and give feedback to artists.
- At least one professional writing credit. This can be a published book, a purchased screenplay, work on a released video game, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working creatively and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with revision, incorporating feedback, and giving constructive feedback.
- Leadership or management experience.
- Major in English, specifically creative writing.
- Knowledge about and passion for the gaming industry, specifically the mobile narrative gaming space.