HR at HR Consultant
Views:459 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
Customer Service Role - Logistics & Freight Forwarding Firm (5-15 yrs)
Urgent Opening For Customer Service - Logistics & Freight Forwarding Industry
Job Location: Kolkata
Experience: 5 to 15 years in Logistic industry
Salary range: 25 to 40K
Job Description for CUSTOMER SERVICE :
A. PRICING & FILLING RATE
1. For export shipment after getting the enquiry from marketing department, start rate negotiation with the different shipping line for different required ports. Rates are provided to the customer, after confirmation of the business, rates are filed with the shipping line.
2. For import shipment after getting the enquiry from marketing department, start rate negotiation with the different shipping line for different required ports and also coordination with our agent for better rate negotiation.
For air export shipment, shipment details are sent to airlines for rate.
B. CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT AND SUBMIT PROPOSALS
1) Finding list of potential customer, call them for any business over phone.
2) Sometimes physically go to customer, directly for introducing our HFS department and for business.
3) Physically visit to the shipping line for getting the better rate.
4) Call them regular basis and made a good relation with all the shipping lines.
5) Trying to retain the old customer and old business.
C. SYSTEM APPLICATION (SUPER USER) AND ACCOUNTS
1) Cost booking in the E FREIGHT SUITE,
2) Preparing inward and outward, cost sheet
3) Preparing invoice for customer in the E FREIGHT SUITE system.
4) For vendor payment, invoice is needed to be attaching in E FREIGHT SUITE.
5) Sending invoice to the customer.
6) Payment collection co-ordination from the customer, if the payment is transferred to our account then follow up for mate receipt......
7) Outstanding payment follow-up with customer which list comes from HO.......vendor payment follow-up.
8) Co-ordination with customer for TDS and TDS deduction formalities. Follow-up with shipping line for brokerage payment.
D. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DOCUMENTATION
1) SEA EXPORT SHIPMENT CO ORDINATION:
a) Coordinating with old customers for any business, if there is any query try to match the rate.
b) Coordinating and negotiating with various shipping line for the freight rate to grab the business.
c) Email and phone communication with the customer for customer requirements and planning for the shipment to continue the business.
d) After confirmation of the business again we have to co ordinate with shipping line to file the rate and for container pickup letter. Sending invoice packing list to clearing agent for filing the shipping bill in customs
e) Co ordination with transporter for container pickup letter
f) Follow up with customer for container pickup letter, stuffing, vessel availability.
g) Follow-up with shipping line for the cart in order and container port entry.
h) Sending feeder and mother vessel connection to the customer.
2) SEA IMPORT SHIPMENT CO ORDINATION :
a) Follow-up with local shipping line or co ordination with overseas agent for import rate.
b) Co ordination with consignee for business confirmation.
c) Email communication with the agent for import movement
d) IGM filling formalities and sending documents to shipping line for filling IGM. Some shipping line requires Indemnity Bond to file the IGM, preparing the Indemnity Bond.
e) Sending pre alert/CAN to consignee.
f) Co ordination with lines for invoice.
g) Releasing DO or no objection to consignee's nominated CHA.
h) Follow up with operation team for delivery of the cargo.
3) AIR EXPORT SHIPMENT CO ORDINATION :
a) Rate confirmation from airline.
b) After confirmation from shipper asking airline to issue the AWAB
c) Intimating to shipper for the cargo readiness, sending tentative flight details to shipper.
4) AIR IMPORT SHIPMENT:
a) Sending pre alert and CAN to the customer. LCL export and LCL import shipment co ordination.
1) Preparing draft BL from commercial invoice and packing list,
2) Send it to the shipping line. When shipping line sends draft BL, will send it to customer for BL confirmation.
3) If any changes in the BL send it to shipping line again, asking shipper to send the shipping bill copy to verify the quantity and the material with the BL.
4) After the BL preparation, send it to the customer
5) Follow-up with shipping line for freight invoice.
6) After receiving the invoice, need to raise an invoice simultaneously to customer.
7) Follow up whether customer needs any other certificate like vessel certificate, freight certificate..Etc.
8) If house Bl is involved then sending prealert to our overseas agent.
9) Raising another invoice for profit sharing.
10) Follow-up with shipping line for brokerage.
11) Follow-up for the landing certificate
1. Online Booking On S/Lines Website For Pick Up Letter
2. Manual Booking To S/Lines For Pick Up Letter
3. Releasing Pick Up Letter To The Customer
4. Asking For Vgm & Bl Draft From The Customer
5. Vgm Filing In Odex / S/Lines Web
6. Cart-In 0rder Releasing From The S/Line
7. Open New Job File
8. Mbl Filing To The S/Line
9. Getting Mbl Check Copy And Invoice From The Liner
10. Sending Hbl/Mbl Check Copy To The Customer
11. Getting Invoice From The Liner
12. Sending Pro-Forma Invoice /Gst Invoice To The Customer
13. Releasing Final Bl To The Customer Along With Gst Invoice
14. Pre-Alert Sending [If Hbl Is Involved]
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.