Senior Technical Recruiter at Vsoft Consulting Group Inc
Views:73 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Content Writer - Hperlocal News & Entertainment (2-5 yrs)
We are seeking writer/curator to create/curate content for a hyperlocal news and entertainment social network application and to write news stories using formal journalism standards. Ideal candidates will need to have a working knowledge of US culture, customs, politics and government.
- Bachelor's degree in writing, communications, journalism, marketing, political science or closely related field;
- Creative writing with proven experience using journalistic style to write interesting, accurate and comprehensive news and feature articles.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media campaigns. Deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Vimeo.
- Must be highly proficient in social media and be able to write clearly in broadcast style.
- Proven experience writing for brochures, fact sheets, advertising/direct mail, correspondence and other comprehensive materials using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, editing, formatting and proofreading skills to clearly and concisely convey accurate information.
- Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
- Proven ability to copy edit own work as well as others.
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze technical or complex content and write communications on those subjects for a general or target audience.
- Demonstrated experience developing written content for the web and knowledge of web page design and construction.
- Ability to research and find interesting local new articles and videos for various US localities
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction and on a self-directed basis, as well as in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment where information must be compiled quickly and accurately involving excellent concentration skills. Excellent experience and ability to work with constant interruptions, while ensuring smooth work flow and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent demonstrated computer skills (Mac & Windows platforms) including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, HTML, document/photo scanning/editing, layout and design, creating tables and forms. Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the use of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.