Freelance Recruiter at Consultant
Views:43 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:24
Content Marketer (4-8 yrs)
JD for the Content Marketer :
- We are looking for a highly analytical thinker with an audience-first mindset for the role of Content Marketing. Candidates will be experts on social media analytics, understand the nuances, advantages and shortcomings of each platform and know how to utilize data in formulating a campaign strategy.
- First and foremost, the Content Marketer is expected to - own- the business's websites and blog sites, being responsible for ensuring that it has compelling content, navigation, structure/design, localization, and landing pages that will make the business's content easily digestible by the audience. The Content Marketer actively participates in overseeing content creation for various distribution approaches, inclusive of social media, websites, case studies, blogs, events, videos, email campaigns, and presentations.
- At this capacity, the Content Marketer helps in driving growth of the business's primary content databases by providing the business/product's audiences with constant, helpful, and interesting content that is in-tune with their interests and needs.
- The Content Marketer also plays an active role in SEO. He/she plays a leading role in the management of both on-page SEO and off-page SEO analysis and execution; improving organic search engine performance and setting goals based on click through rates, conversions, and traffic. This is for the purpose of ensuring that the content relates with the target audience and that the content actually finds the relevant audiences. The Content Marketer also alert and keeps the business up to date on the latest SEO trends and changes on key search engines.
- The Content Marketer also works with the Content Editors and the Marketing team in defining and creating resources and new content that supports segment specific marketing programs and enhances the business/product's market awareness for the purpose of driving sales leads, and ultimately helping in sales growth.
- The Content Marketer also plays an analytical role; he/she is tasked with conducting research and developing an understanding of the business's industry, the business/product's unique value proposition, and it's the product's market differentiators. The Content Marketer also conducts extensive research on the challenges and priorities of the business's consumers and prospective consumers; information that he imparts on the editorial marketing teams who in turn strategically align marketing content strategies with consumer needs.
- At this capacity, the Content Marketer also formulates and conducts closed-loop analytics in order to understand how the business/product's inbound marketing activity translates into consumers, which will in turn refine the Content Marketer's process of turning in and reaching new consumers in the course his duties.
- The Content Marketer identifies core objectives for the content and develops metrics and methods for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of the content; he proceeds to prepare reports and result finding presentations on the performance and engagement of that content, which he presents to the senior content marketing management.
- The Content Marketer also plays an active role in the creation and management of the business's social media profiles and presence, inclusive of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube among other channels in order to expand the business/product's online following. This is achieved by contributing to the business's platforms through provision of helpful marketing content aligned with the interests and needs of the target audience.
- At this capacity, the Content Marketer also actively engages in relevant social media discussions and forums as a representative of the business, reaching out to new and existent consumers and ultimately increasing the business/product's following.
Required Qualifications of the Content Marketer :
- Education: A candidate for this position must have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, Psychology, Information Technology, or any other related field. An equivalent of this educational requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
- Experience: A suitable candidate for the position will have had prior experience producing and promoting content for a business in a capacity similar to that of a content editor or content marketer, for example, through thought leadership and social media presence management. The candidate will also have had experience supporting sales content and lead generation for a business/product's campaigns.
- He/she will also have had a proven and successful experience producing quality business/product content in a fast-paced and deadline-driven setting. In addition, a suitable candidate will have had proven experience working as a writer, producer, or blogger for a business's official print and online publications.
- Technologically/Digitally Literacy: The Content Marketer must also demonstrate a deep interest and understanding of technology, technological appliances, and software. A large part of consumers for any product will be found online, and digital methods of marketing are fast replacing conventional and traditional methods both in terms of popularly and effectiveness.
- For this reason, a Content Marketer must be highly conversant and at par with the current technological/digital world. A suitable candidate will be conversant enough with technology to be able to develop content across a wide range of online and social media platforms. He will also already have a personal, active and well-rounded social media presence, with a deep command of several social media platforms and their best practices.
- Communication Skills: The Content Marketer must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, which are an absolute necessity for effective performance of functions in this position. The Content Marketer interacts with consumers, stakeholders, and senior Content Marketers in the performance of his duties.
- In order to have clear and concise conveyance of information between these parties, the Content Marketer must demonstrate great verbal communication skills that will enable him to relay even the most technical messages to no-technical audiences in a way they can understand and relate to.
- Additionally, the Content Marketer will be making regular reports and presentations to senior content marketing teams and in order to ensure that the content in the reports is well-structures, engaging, and easily digestible, the Content Marketer will also need to possess excellent written communication skills.