Content Editor - IT Hardware (4-7 yrs)
Job Responsibilities :
- We have a bunch of strong writers with equally strong personalities. Now, we need an editor who can balance out the personalities and achieve a consistent brand voice and tone.
- You will also need to help construct content outlines that resonate with our readers. So, you- ll spend a lot of time talking to our writers and figuring out the best ways to position our products.
- Another major task will be to create editorial calendars across all our channels. So, a healthy understanding of content strategy is always a big plus in our books.
Your daily activities will include:
- Fine-tuning content outlines to be most helpful and convincing
- Improving the quality, structure, and flow of the content by improving the content creation process
- Conducting quality improvement sessions on a weekly basis to teach writers how to do a better
- Maintaining consistency of voice and tone throughout our content
- Managing the editorial process and calendar
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have to check all these boxes for us to consider you:
- A minimum experience of 4+ years in editing B2B content is required for this position.
- You have a proven track record of successful writing and editing long-form content, ideally B2B, SaaS, or tech blog posts, guides, and/or ebooks.
- You have experience teaching, coaching, or mentoring.
- You can communicate why changes should be made, not simply fix errors or improve writing.
- You can patiently explain writing concepts from multiple perspectives, multiple times.
- You're organized, independently motivated, want to grow as an editor, and love coaching writers.
- You know how to balance feedback with encouragement.
- You're willing to step back from day-to-day editing work to improve existing processes and systems to ensure quality content.
- You must be a daily consumer of serialized, addictive content such as web series, email sequences, social media commentaries, comedy, etc.
- You must be passionate about at least one thing besides content. It can be anything at all. We don- t care WHAT it is, but your life must have more than just content writing in it.
- You must have a very distinctive tone and voice in your content and IRL.
- You must be open to criticism and learning new things. Like Netflix, we have a very strict policy on - no talented assholes- (their words, not ours).