Practice Leader at Strategic Alliance Management Services
Views:378 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:84
Communications Consultant - NGO (5-12 yrs)
1. POSITION(S) VACANT: Communications Consultant (Short-Term), Confidential (Reputed Non-Profit Organization), Mumbai, Maharashtra
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
Our client is a respected social sector organization.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our client wishes to recruit a strategic communication professional, on a short-term contract for six months, to fill the vacancy for Communications Consultant. The post-holder shall be responsible for leading the organisation's internal as well as external communications.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Communications Consultant shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Leading the client's internal and external communications, including the composition and development of communication strategies, frameworks and policies;
(2) Monitoring and measurement of existing communications strategies and plans;
(3) Designing, developing, and ensuring optimum quality of all small and large-scale events, including branding, website, messaging, talking points, PowerPoint slides, and print materials;
(4) Devising social media and digital marketing content for the client's website and social platforms, including blog posts, articles, infographics, reports and multimedia content;
(5) Curating content and ensuring timely updation of the client's website and messages on different social media platforms;
(6) Curating articles and blogs; Working closely with the media to ensure the delivery of key messages and communications; Branding and designing the client's Corporate Deck; Preparing marketing collateral;
(8) Networking and working closely with the media, event planning organisations and other relevant institutions, for planning and maximizing the visibility of the organisation;
(9) Providing support to internal teams for the implementation and amplification of communication strategies;
(10) Coordinating with external agencies for need-based content and/or communications requirements.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Applicants must have a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related discipline.
(1) Applicants must have a minimum of five years- experience of handling the communications portfolio in the NGO or corporate sector;
(2) Experience of the above in the context of promoting social cause, shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Ability to brainstorm creative growth strategies for digital and social media outreach, along with in-depth understanding of web best practices and standards;
(2) Ability to write content for various channels including, case studies, feature stories and creatively package and represent content, in a timely manner for various stakeholders;
(3) Proficiency in Digital Media content generation, schedulers, and tools of amplification;
(4) Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize tasks under time constraints;
(5) Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork skills and ability to work with offline teams;
(6) Basic knowledge of working with design software (Corel Draw/ Adobe Illustrator/ InDesign or Adobe Photoshop);
(7) Sensitivity to the cause of the organization;
(8) Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs. 80,000 to 100,000 per month. The actual offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: Mumbai.
7. APPOINTMENT: This is a fixed-term contract for six months. The contract may be extended, based on project needs.
8. REFERENCE: CC-Confidential
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link
Please note that the position needs to be filled urgently and we have already commenced recommending talent to our client for further consideration.