Cheif Product Officer - eCommerce (15-22 yrs)
The Product Head ( New Initiatives) is the primary driver of the group's vision; overseeing the development and management of the product's roadmap based on the adopted strategies and vision.
The position is extremely critical since the individual is responsible for conceptualizing profitable and scalable new revenue driven products.
Key Accountability of the role :
1. Primary responsibilities will be to launch path breaking products and assist CEO with strategic insights to help in decision making, either in a product management capacity or by supporting specific work-streams or deliverable's.
2. Conceptualize products which could be new streams of revenue and category growth drivers. Launch and manage the delivery of highly scalable, usable and differentiated products.
3. Create new/next gen platforms
4. Will be expected to supervise robust team members and will work closely with the CEO to understand and formalize required end deliverables within a defined timeframe.
The role can be broadly defined on below expectations :
- Innovation: The role is tasked with overseeing the innovation and improvement of the business's product as well as the day-to-day product activities in a way that ensures that the product is constantly growing to suit the consumers- needs.
- Incumbent further ensures that necessary steps are being taken to make any modifications that are being made in the product or strategy in order to bring out the best results for the business.
- Is responsible for identifying opportunities that lead to the growth of the product through innovation while still maintaining the fundamental business goals/priorities.
Product/Market Evaluation: Incumbent is also responsible for spearheading investigation and analyses on the product and the product market. The role is then expected to process this information, identify opportunities, and present these to the CEO.
- This information ultimately serves to influence the business's product strategy and ensures that the business makes informed and beneficial decisions when presented to the CEO.
Problem Resolution: Incumbent, due to his experience, is additionally tasked with the identification of issues in the strategies developed by the junior product management. Apart from identification, it is his responsibility to resolve these strategic issues, which potentially impair the whole department's ability to meet the product's financial, strategic, and technical goals.
Collaboration: The position is cross-functional in nature and this implies a high level of collaboration with different departments and different levels. The incumbent partners up with other product departmental leaders in order to align and execute product strategies and ensure that each department receives the right level of support due from its colleagues.
- Incumbent also works very closely with the engineering department, design, sales, marketing, and other departments to deliver the business's product into the market.
Recruitment: Incumbent also plays a pivotal role in the recruitment of new personnel of the product management department.
- After the recruits have been approved and absorbed in to the department, the incumbent then acts in managing and providing guidance to these personnel in order to ensure achievement of the product's vision and strategy.
Supervisory Role: The incumbent is required to oversee the roles of juniors in the product management department, that is the; Junior Product Managers, Product Managers, and Senior Product Managers to ensure that the functions of these positions are properly and effectively being executed.
- We are seeking a high caliber individual to maintain our exceptional standards. This person should have:
- Degree in Engineering - BE/B. Tech from reputed institutes (e.g. IITs, NITs, NSIT, BITS, PEC etc) with an MBA from premier Institute.
- History of excellence in academics, personal and vocational achievements.
Prior start-up (entrepreneurial) experience
- For the role, candidate should have proven product and leadership skills that may have been developed either in an entrepreneurial environment or with a fast paced product firm.
The Requisites :
1. For the role, candidate should have proven product and leadership skills that may have been developed either in an entrepreneurial environment or with a fast paced product firm.
2. Individuals must have 12 to 15 years of experience in. Out of total experience minimum 5 years must be in consumer internet space.
3. Experience of managing high-performing teams
4. Be a highly analytical individual who is able to work quite effectively in a matrix environment.
5. Leadership skills
6. Ability to present and manage C-Suite clients during pitch, business development, project presentations etc.
7. Interpersonal skills in terms of managing high performing teams and C-Suite clients
8. Understands Business - P&L
9. Problem solving experience - Research and analytics + presentation storyboarding experience
Preferred but not mandatory qualities:
1. It is also required that the individual is adept at synthesizing various technologies and capabilities into the business's products in such a way that the consumers will love.
2. Exposure to real estate products
3. Prior start-up (entrepreneurial) experience