Category Manager (1-3 yrs)
Title : Category Manager-(Private Label)-Any Category
Location : Bangalore
Experience : 1 To 3 Year
Salary : Up - To - 11 LPA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Overall Own Label Business(optional)
- Understand the available market opportunity for new and existing categories.
- Stock availability, stock turnover, Category Assortment Expansion.
- New Product development by identifying new Vendors.
- Drive the Sales, Margin, and Inventory.
- Managing overall operations including Buying & Merchandising, Vendor Management, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, etc.
- Steering merchandising efforts in harmony with the business objectives.
- Provide support and guidance for fulfilling statutory requirement related to new Products.
- Should be strong at National Sourcing & TOT Negotiation.
- Participates in development of strategic direction and annual strategic plans for category. Prepares Business plan and ensures sales, gross margin, and contribution targets are achieved.
- Understands the consumer, customer, and competitive environment and utilizes that insight to initiate recommendations in marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion) and new business/new products.
- Lead projects comprised of cross-functional teams to achieve key initiative deliverables.
- Works directly with digital, content, creative departments, and agency to develop, branding, Artwork, and advertising strategies.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative market research on New products and innovation, packaging concepts, positioning, pricing, and promotion.
Key Skills Required :
- Stakeholder management: Work with internal and external stakeholders to drive the project forward.
- Business acumen and decision making: Strong orientation for learning and quickly grasp
- Business nuances. Ability to take decisions based on sound data analysis and business understanding.
- Customer Centricity : Puts the customer experience paramount to all other considerations
- Problem solving : Deal with complexity and unstandardized processes to come up with quick scalable solutions to problems
- Data orientation : Should be able to build an approach to solving problems through data first