Business Manager - Sales - Construction Material Handling Equipment (5-8 yrs)
About our client:
Our client is India's largest national construction tools and equipment rental company operating in 18 major cities. The company has significant growth plans and a vision to reach each and every contractor site and meet the service level of getting what they need at the location they need.
Company has exciting plans to increase reach and product range comprising of Ladders, Scaffolds, Lifting machines, site management and power and breaking tool
Purpose of the job (brief summary):
Manage their own region for Project site exploration, visits, demos, customer acquisitions; Managing TD's and AA's effectively as per their KPI's, ensuring full awareness of Youngman on all IWM projects in designated areas, 360-degree market knowledge (Competitor's move and market trends), market development for new product and concepts.
Business Unit Managers oversee the daily sales operations of Sales Representatives that are assigned to a particular geographical area. They train sales employees, develop effective sales strategies, and ensure that sales quotas for an assigned territory are met.
- Traveling throughout an assigned territory to train and guide company Sales Representatives.
- Maintaining solid working relationships with customers by ensuring that their needs are met and resolving complaints in a timely manner.
- Continually meeting or exceeding sales targets by persuading the team & customers when required within an assigned territory for company products and services.
- Suggest ideas for marketing in respective zones to reach a bigger audience.
- Developing innovative sales strategies to increase sales within an assigned territory.
- Conducting surveys to better understand customer needs.
- Ensuring that brand awareness within an assigned territory meets company expectations.
- Motivating Sales Representatives to achieve sales quotas and evaluating their performance based on their ability or inability to achieve sales quotas.
- Monitoring competitors- sales activity within an assigned zone.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field and technical qualification is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in sales
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet quotas
- Excellent leadership skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound negotiations and consultative sales skills
- Experience setting sales goals
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Deep understanding of CRM systems and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office