CEO at Simplypeople India
Views:271 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Business Development Manager - Consulting/Energy & Healthcare Domain (7-12 yrs)
The Organisation is the Indian subsidiary of a US-based multinational organization specializing in scientific research, and research-led consulting services across science & technology, as well as related public policy. Established six decades ago, now they command a global turnover of roughly $1 billion, with 5K+ employees worldwide. The Indian subsidiary is a private limited company wholly owned by its US-based parent which is a non-profit institute. Indian subsidiary is a nascent organization which is growing its research & consulting practice in the areas of Health, Sanitation, Water Resources, Energy, Environment & Cities. Indian head-quarter is located at New Delhi.
- The incumbent will be instrumental in building strategic plans in expanding the organizations presence and will play a key role in scouting for new projects that align with organizations vision.
- The person will be responsible for creating business opportunities in select social & development sectors namely Energy / Healthcare and facilitate complex partnerships with key stakeholders in the domain.
- He/she will be deeply involved in executing strategy and provide analysis on the WASH landscape to key stakeholders for existing and potential customer base. Create a value proposition through quality proposals and constantly improve processes to achieve and exceed business goals.
Main purpose of job (List primary duties that occupy a majority of incumbent time in order of importance)
- Research, identify and track relevant business opportunities that align with the organizations' overall strategy
- Scout for business opportunities primarily in the field of WASH Research, Water quality and sanitation etc. monitor websites, newspapers for - Expression of Interest- (EOI) and RFPs
- Perform high-level business development tasks such as engaging with clients (central and state level governments, multilateral/ bilateral and donor agencies, reputed private sector organizations/ foundations), leading to a dialogue on select potential opportunities, identifying other attractive opportunities, making bid/no bid decisions in consultation with the Director, identifying and securing partners, developing concept notes, and preparing EOI and proposal response activities.
- Maintain relationships with industry associations and potential academic and delivery partners,Main collaborators and stakeholders. Help identify/ co-create/ partner with the right knowledge platforms.
- Research and analyze new or evolving players in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene domain, leveraging strong quantitative analytical skills. - Develop and build a knowledge repository and reference materials
- Manage, edit, and contribute to research publications. Author and publish technical articles, papers, reports and lead presentations, seminars and workshops on key international development topics.
- Compile, edit, and proof-read commercial proposals which contain technical content and designs ensuring that these are presented in a professional and concise manner
Minimum Required Education & Experience :
- Bachelors or master's in Environmental Sciences with 7-10 years of relevant work experience largely in WASH domain.
- Relevant experience working in a management or research consulting firm is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
An addendum that clarifies additional skills and abilities for incumbents in this job may be used in addition to this description
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to successfully operate in complex environments that include both public agencies and the private sector.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of achievement of at least 5 years in a customer facing experience in solutioning or converting opportunities in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene settings.
- Expert knowledge of key technical areas within the WASH domain
- The strong person with exceptional customer relationship skills, able to quickly build and maintain relationships at the most senior levels both externally and internally.
- International field experience in developing countries will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability in creating complex proposals, RFPs, RFI's etc. with high accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and understand issues, root causes and opportunities from disparate sets of information and provide clear conclusions and guidance
- Strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work and manage staff within matrix project and program teams
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.