Director at Burgundy Hospitality Private Limited
Views:182 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Burgundy Hospitality - Retail Merchandiser (4-7 yrs)
Burgundy Brand Collective is one of India's fastest growing specialty retail companies with stores in six cities. The company partners with the best-in-class international luxury brands like Royce' Chocolate, a
premium store of Japanese culinary excellency in India for the first time, Onitsuka Tiger - a leading Japanese fashion lifestyle brand, Provenance Gifting - a marketplace of fine food and excellent gifts, Papabubble - an artistic, youth-oriented global caramel candy brand and The Sunnyside Market which
hosts a number of our thematic brands and incubates new retail concepts such as Wander and Good Vibes Only, to name a few. So as to offer Indians a window to the finest food and lifestyle themes from across the world. The plan is to aggressively (yet astutely) scale out a portfolio of International Brands Pan-India.
Job Description: Retail Merchandiser - Gourmet
- Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans, across multiple outlets and online platforms.
- Managing short shelf life product ordering and sales across multiple outlets.
- Developing relations with brand partners and managing day-to-day queries and liaising.
- Forecasting sales and optimizing sales volume and profitability of designated product areas.
- Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges.
- Preparing the buying calendar by month wise phasing.
- Controlling stock levels based on forecasts for the season and managing optimum levels of inventory at the store.
- Analysing every aspect of bestsellers (for example, the bestselling price points and ranges) and ensuring that each reach their full potential
- Maintaining awareness of competitors' performance and providing with monthly feedback.
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
Gathering information on customers' reactions to products and providing corrective feedback and action plans to management and store teams.
- Analysing the previous season's sales performance and reporting on the current season's lines.
- Making financial presentations to management every month along with sell through's for the season.
- Managing monthly stock take audits and providing feedback with corrective actions. Meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates and completing the necessary paperwork
- Managing, training and supervising store teams.
Skills and Experience Desired:
- A numerate degree i.e. Maths, Statistics, Finance, Business Studies
- 4+ years' experience in retail and/or fashion merchandising
- Well- organized with a structured approach to buy planning
- Strong excel skills and capable at building buy and sell-through budgets
- Strong communicator with a high level of maturity
Reporting: Directors + Business head