Co - Founder at Being The Parent
Views:279 Applications:115 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:108
Being The Parent - Content Lead (5-15 yrs)
Being the parent (www.beingtheparent.com) is a fast growing online parenting platform transitioning to - single point of solution- for all parenting needs starting from planning a baby to parent of18 years old child. In the process, be recognized as the trusted & responsive aide of every parent to help them grow their child into a good human being. To achieve this objective at a scale, they are planning to venture into e-commerce, local commerce for service, research and few more lines of business.
The journey, which started in 2016 from Bangalore, is now attracting monthly visitors of close to 1.5 mil parents. The content strategy of supporting parents through fact & science based curated articles has worked well so far.
It has raised some fund from family & friends which has gone behind creating a world class tech platform for website.
Intent of the Position
Content lies at the heart of beingtheparent.com and is the main hook to attract parents to the site, make them sign up and retain them over the life cycle from pregnancy to 18 yearrs children. While the new business lines would take it's time to shape up, content would be pivotal to connect the dots and weave a compelling story around the extensions with the aim of establishing BTP as the first port of call for any parenting need. This strategic position would be part of leadership team and is expected to play a meaningful role to achieve the vision of BTP.
This position has the potential to lead the Content business in next 24-36 months.
What SHE is expected to do:-
- Be in charge of the content strategy to ensure seamless journey through the parenting life-stages
- Should be aware of changing consumption pattern spanning multimedia formats (Text, Audio, Video) to keep content relevant.
- Create an ecosystem of content contributors, writers, artists & subject matter experts for continuous flow of high-quality articles adhering to best practices in journalism.
- Collaborate with corporate sponsors to conceptualize innovative spaces in parenting domain.
- Proofread, edit & improve stories and develop new ideas for content.
- Manage the delicate balance of content vs commerce with parent at the center.
- Can manage present and plan for future at same breath
- Must be a self-starter who can meet project deadlines & budget requirement for both existing and new business as time is money for any start up.
- Can thrive under pressure, smart on problem solving and creating solutions; strong analytical and strategic-thinking skills are essential.
- Be the livewire to bring the best out of internal team and extended eco-system.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers as well as collaborate effectively across other business lines & functions.
What we believe would fit the requirement?
- Exposure & understanding of multi-media formats.
- Understanding of SEO and social media best practices
- Proficient in MS Office, specially Word, Power Point & Excel.
- Outstanding presentation skills, both in developing & presenting.
- Experience with HTML, XML, DITA and related content-management tools.
- Qualified in Journalism / PR / Communication
- Led a team
- Creator than a Follower
- Don- t hesitate to reach out to anyone to get the job done
- Understands start-up ambiguity & uncertainty, which many people claim to know but fails miserably when reality hits them
- Can laugh at herself
Mothers would be our preferred choice.
Mothers from similar background who are planning to join back the workforce and have a burning desire to excel are also encouraged to apply.
What beingtheparent.com brings to the table :-
- An unchartered path
- Outcome based approach over input-based control
- Flexible working hours & location
- Shape the future
- Start-up team of 7-8 members who are sold on the idea
- Opportunity to create wealth in long term