AVP - Liability Sales - Insurance (8-12 yrs)
AVP Liability Sales
Experience: 8 - 12 years
Top 3 Mandatory Skills: Sales, Insurance, Communication
Minimum Relevant Experience: 3 in Liability insurance experience
About the role:
The AVP is a key member of the SME/Startup Inside Sales team who has accountability for driving and enabling our business growth throughout the sales process. The ideal candidate is highly organized, will be a strong communicator who can quickly build rapport with customers, and is driven to win in the marketplace.
Roles & responsibility:
- Responsible for assessing client needs, designing solutions, and negotiating with insurance companies to obtain coverage that is in a client's best interests. Coverages include: Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Crime, Fiduciary Liability, CGL, Cyber, and Kidnap/Ransom
- Source and lead client acquisitions for Liability line of business in different markets in India
- A demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and effectively present complex insurance contract concepts.
- Present renewal results and insurance 101 overviews to clients- .
- Utilize refined technical skills including client analysis/underwriting and insurance program diagnostic skills to continually improve client programs and create opportunities with prospective client programs
- Work with the Insurer's Underwriting team and operations team to place the insurance policies with the appropriate insurer
- Post sales, ensure that all client servicing needs are being fulfilled in collaboration with the Servicing team
- Get involved in cross functions to improve the business impact: The product development with key insights, marketing team to increase individual sales funnel and prioritize branding and marketing efforts.
To be successful in this role, you:
- Have a total 8 yrs+ experience with a minimum of 3 yrs of liability insurance sales experience
- Have an underwriting mindset
- Enjoy client engagement and can act as a trusted partner to the client
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills like problem-solving, interest in learning about clients' industries and issues, and demonstrating a willingness to develop innovative solutions for clients
- Strong collaboration skills are required for partnering with the internal teams and Insurance Companies
- Have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to creatively think and hustle to achieve goals and grow within the organization
- Have a high sense of ownership and can continuously reinvent and improve how to do things