Manager at Athena Education
Views:27 Applications:11 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Athena - Associate/Senior Associate - Business Development & Partnerships (0-2 yrs)
Who we are :
- Athena is India's largest institution in the "premium undergraduate study abroad" space. Founded 10 years ago by two Princeton graduates, Poshak Agrawal and Rahul Subramaniam, Athena is headquartered in Gurgaon, with offices in Mumbai and Bangalore, and caters to students from 15 countries.
- Athena's vision is to help students become the best version of themselves, and the mission is to create 50,000 global leaders. Athena's transformative, holistic life coaching program embraces both depth and breadth, science and the humanities. Athena encourages students to deepen their theoretical knowledge and apply it to address practical issues confronting society, both locally and globally.
- The program has shown incredible results, with students being admitted to universities such as Harvard University, Princeton University, Yale University, Stanford University, University of Cambridge, MIT, Brown, Cornell University, University of Pennsylvania, and University of Chicago - to name a few.
Overview of the role :
- We are looking to hire someone to join our Business Development and Partnerships function at Athena Education, a leading brand in study abroad admissions consulting. You will be responsible for managing Athena's 360-degree online and offline Business Development and partnership function.
- The person will be responsible for the expansion of revenue for the company, which is now expanding across India.
- At Athena, we love to work with driven people who are eager to touch lives and create value. This is not a traditional cookie-cutter Business Development and partnerships role - we are in search of an excellence-oriented individual who can help us differentiate our brand and carve a niche for our product in the minds of our clients.
- This dynamic and entrepreneurial role is ideal for someone who enjoys a good challenge, likes engaging with people, and takes ownership and pride in their work keeping the end result in mind.
Key skills :
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A strong strategic mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Understands the art of powerful communication
- Extraordinary management skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Outstanding networking skills
Education and Experience :
- Bachelors or Masters from a top-tier college will be preferred.
- Business Development and Partnership experience preferred
- Candidates with selling premium products will be preferred
Key Responsibilities :
- The most important component of the role is representing Athena to clients (CEOs, top bureaucrats, and thought-leaders), understanding their needs empathetically, and mapping them to Athena's flagship Personal Mentorship program
- India's top program for admissions to Ivy League colleges, the average cost of the program is USD 20,000
- Implement the Business Development and Partnership strategy to build Business Development and Partnership funnel to tap into potential clientele using analytics.
- Build business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Generate prospective meetings via cold calls, association participation, conferences, and creativity through established relationships in the relevant eco-system
- Identify business opportunities by identifying networking opportunities and events
- Representing Athena to prospective clients and external stakeholders including but not restricted to schools and educational institutes.
- Create and cultivate sustainable and need-based partnerships with key stakeholders
- Establish, maintain and use clear and effective means of communication with Potential clients
- Responsible for the management of all program information and to ensure that it is up to date
Why should you be interested ?
- Working with Athena will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive impact in the lives of the best students in the country - the future pioneers of the world.
- Opportunity to mentor budding writers
Team and Culture :
- We are a young and daring collection of adventurers dedicated to excellence and growth. We are always efficient and occasionally funny.
- The candidate will get a chance to work in a multicultural environment with expats from different corners of the globe.
Professional Advancement :
- We believe in providing opportunities for team members to build their skills and become independent drivers.
- We also offer the opportunity to collaborate across our group organizations- Hora.ai (Tech) and Sitare Foundation (education non-profit)- and learn from like-minded, passionate people who have all come together to create an impact.
Location & Work Environment :
- We have built creative space in a top corporate building in a prime location in Mumbai.
- The office is on ONE WORLD CENTER, BUILDING-2A, 7th floor, the Quorum, Tower, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013.
- Our team comprises of creative and colorful characters, all goal-oriented and hungry for growth (and healthy snacks). The work environment is a mixture of formal and playful, as we all strive to get things done while sipping Italian coffee brewed in-house.
Reach out to us :
For any queries, email us