HR Executive at Microsave Consulting
Views:92 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Assistant Copy Editor (1-5 yrs)
The Assistant Copy Editor will:
- Support the team lead at the Copy Desk to fix errors and align with our house style
- Work closely with the larger in-house communications team on documents related to the development sector at large
- Work on blogs, pitch decks, research reports, communication campaigns, and social media deliverables
- Work on edits that will span proofing, sense check, checks consistency in alignment with the MSC in-house style, and reader focus
- Work on sharpening text into crisp plain language - most changes include making sentences active, fixing Indianisms, doing a sense check, fixing logical inconsistencies, and hacking away non-sequiturs and danglers
- The candidate should track their tasks and work in a self-managed way
- Should have experience in MS Word (especially tracking, reviewing, and merging edits), MS PowerPoint, cutting jargon, individual task management, time management, interpersonal communication, editorial diligence.
Degree in English, Mass Communication, Social Sciences, or Media Studies, or other relevant professional qualifications in line with the areas of specialization.
Essential experience and skills:
- Must have editorial experience, preferably in print or online news media, nonfiction or general publishing, business editing, or technical editing,
- Should give attention to detail, ability to pick out Indianisms, a strong sense of style and grammar, ability to work well under tight deadlines, ability to edit and rewrite content while preserving meaning,
- Should be quick to adapt to and apply the in-house editorial and brand guidelines, as well as client guidelines,
- Should have the ability to solve problems, stay organized, and track and prioritize tasks,
- Should have the ability to multitask independently,
- Should be a self-starter who takes onus and can adapt to a steep learning curve,
- Should have excellent interpersonal communication skills and team-playing capabilities,
- Should be interested in areas like development, poverty alleviation, environmental or gender issues.