Area Sales Manager - Retail (5-8 yrs)
Job Description :
- Drive Retail Sales performance
- Achieve Retail Sales target for the entire area
Lead RMs to achieve their target : coach them on customer Experience, sales techniques, and product knowledge to improve performance.
Monitor commercial KPIs : in store traffic, conversion rate, UPT, AST, # of transactions per hour per FTE, and productivity
Maximize individual Sales productivity : drive conversion rate and productivity (number of transaction per retail Artist per day)
- Set Retail Sales targets (Year/Quarter/Month/Week/Days) for each door in the area and follow daily results. Understand social media, surrounding competition, and omnichannel initiatives
- Work with Marketing, VM, Events, and Education to create and execute a door by door strategy to drive traffic, conversion and cater to the needs of the local consumer
- Ensure each RM creates and implements a calendar of weekly Retail Animations to drive traffic, conversion and motivate the team
- Deploy the scheduling process. Control that store schedules are built in order to maximize Sales and productivity
With retail Partners : Work in partnership to find opportunities to animate the store, participate in Partner lead events/initiatives, leverage Partner space or media opportunities
With Mall Operators : Work in partnership to find opportunities to animate the store, participate in Mall lead events/initiatives, leverage Mall space or media opportunities
Deliver 5 Star Customer Experience :
- Achieve the Customer Experience goals for the entire area
- Inspire, motivate and coach Retail Manager on all elements of 5 Star Customer Experience. Cultivate a superior Experience culture focusing on the customer as our #1 priority
- Ensures excellent customer Experience is being given at all times in all doors by spending time on the sales floor to observe and seek customer feedback.
- Hold each RM accountable for the quality of customer Experience in their store while maintaining zero tolerance of customer complaints
- Track results and follow up: use Mystery Shopper results, Customer Complaint reports as strategic tools to drive performance
Manage the Team and Develop Talent :
- Provide clear goals and expectations. Foster teamwork and team spirit.
- Conduct required performance reviews and regular team meetings.
- Devise a clear succession plan for each person on the team by leveraging their strengths. - Foster teamwork and team spirit
- Collaborate with Education to identify training opportunities for the team that can be delivered by the Area Retail Trainer or himself.
- Complete new hire orientations to ensure proper induction to the brand.
- Hold individuals accountable for their own achievements, performance, behaviors, and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Manage the progressive disciplinary process by proactively addressing poor performance, attendance or conduct issues.
- Empower the retail managers to run the business successfully.
Deliver Retail Operations Excellence :
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with the retail partner management team (where applicable). Leverage this relationship to drive opportunities for the Brand (space, staff, events, stock).
- Maintain excellent visual merchandising and hygiene standards at all time (product presentations, displays, labeling)
- Optimize staff schedule to support peak hours in traffic to maximize staff productivity to drive the conversion rate.
- Maintain and monitor inventory levels; execute cycle count and physical inventory as required, report out of stocks, minimize stock holding of slow movers, process testers, returns and destructions with accuracy.
- Manage loss prevention procedures and security policies.
- Complete all account and HR documentation accurately and on time
- Create a feedback loop for Brand needs: consumer, product, and Artist needs
HIGH-TOUCH LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES :
- The High-Touch Leadership Competencies provide the framework to build and grow the skills, knowledge, and behaviors in each employee to lead from every chair. Everyone is expected to lead in every position. All of the High-Touch Leadership Competencies are important to success. However, in each position, there are three competencies that are imperative for job success.
- Please select at least three competencies
Thinks Strategically : Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and management systems are required
Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision : Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving the vision, strategy, and goals.
Embraces and Initiates Change : Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
Develops Talent and Capabilities : Identifies and cultivates essential skills and attributes to maximize individual contribution and engagement.
Energizes and Enables Others : Ignites passion and releases potential to drive success.
Builds Collaborative Relationships : Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
Demonstrates Learning Agility : Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
Drives Creativity and Innovation : Focuses on areas of highest potential. Creates newness or connects knowledge in new ways to create the unexpected. Ensures that the creativity and innovation pipeline is aligned to achieve strategy and goals.
Strives for Excellence in Execution : Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failure