Area Sales Manager - Poultry Division (6-11 yrs)
Main duties and responsibilities :
1. Be an Atomes product specialist.
2. Directly responsible for managing trial and sales activities and managing client accounts within a specified market region
3. Establish and maintain a solid relationship with client senior management and client production team (i.e. plant manager, quality controller, supervisors, warehouseman etc.)
4. Directly responsible for ensuring products and procedures are applied correctly and efficiently at every client to ensure optimum results and consolidate sales volume.
5. Ensure that related client personnel are trained and knowledgeable about Atomes products and application procedures, as required.
6. Identify and promote new business opportunities within existing client accounts
7. Identify new business opportunities within existing or new markets and plan their approach.
8. Co-ordinate with clients (and associate/brokers, when available) to set the schedule for assessment visits, trial program visits, and client service visits.
9. Keep an updated reports schedule at all times and co-ordinate with SOM and SAM on its implementation.
10. Write or instruct the FSO to write procedures, proposals, and reports either internal to the Division or Atomes management, or those addressed to clients and associate/brokers (if available).
11. Ensure a high-level of write-up standard (presentation, logic, editing etc.)
12. Establish sales order projections (yearly, bi-annual, quarterly) with every client. Ensure that sales orders balance between pushing sales on one hand, and maintaining client optimum and safety stocks on the other.
13. Produce and update master sales forecast per client and per market.
14. Manage trial and sales order transactions by closely co-ordinating with clients,Atomes, Logistics Officer and Chief Accountant (order input, shipment, delivery, payment).
15. Set and manage the weekly and monthly activities and schedule of the Field Support Officer and SAM.
16. Secure the required resources (money, equipment, time, logistics etc.) to efficiently implement Division plan, activities, SAM and FSO agenda.
17. Ensure client information is properly stored and maintained.
18. Ensure that company- mission statement is enforced at and felt by every client.
19. Be fully knowledgeable of clients- business operation:
a. Finished product (current and projected); production process, equipment, technical competency etc.
b. Opportunities, challenges, objectives, thinking etc.
20. Integrate collected client and market information and act as a primary source for information related to the forces and factors that affect the Division's business on client level and on market level.
21. Monitor and report to the SOM on competition:
a. Product range and product performance
b. Presence and market share
c. Strength and weaknesses
d. Activity and movement, especially related to client senior management.
22. Recommend to the SOM preventive or counter-attack plans or measures.
23. Assist the SOM in setting the Division's strategy, yearly master plan, yearly and quarterly objectives.
24. Assist the SOM in setting every market's yearly master plan, objectives, and define its resource requirements.
25. Assist the SOM in setting the pricing strategy.
26. Assist the SOM in setting the Division's yearly budget.
27. Assist the SOM in evaluating and reporting on Division performance against set strategy, plans, objectives, and budget.
28. Assist the SOM in evaluating market performance against set master plan and objectives.
29. Assist the SOM in improving the efficiency, productivity, and profitability of the Division (through the periodic comprehensive bottom-up evaluation of the Division).
30. Report on the performance of the local associate/broker/broker (if available).
31. Lead, coach, and manage FSOs.
32. Conduct periodic check-and-balance of FSO productivity, efficiency and quality of work.
33. Assist the SOM in appraising FSOs.
34. Maintain quality of work at the Division as per company standards.
35. Enforce company's corporate diligence standards.
36. Work closely, diligently, and proactively with other departments, especially other SAM, to streamline day-to-day operations, improve corporate-level productivity,reduce costs, and meet objectives.
Key performance indicators
- Actual sales vs. target
- Profitability within acceptable margins
- Client satisfaction and sustainable business relations
- Supplier satisfaction
- Bachelor degree of Science in Chemistry or Agriculture fields from an accredited institution.
- Prior sales experience similar position.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Soft skills: possesses good negotiation, initiative, problem solving and creativity, team attitude, respect, dedication, professional behavior, integrity.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.