Area Sales Manager - General Trade Channel - FMCG (10-20 yrs)
Designation : Area Sales Manager
Organization : Client of Career Stars
Location : Mumbai -Western line
Job Description :
The role of the ASM is to develop, influence and drive the implementation of the growth agenda for his area.
- Meet Sales and Distribution targets by effective implementation of area sales & development plans. Develop Sales forecast for all categories based on trends.
- Develop channel sales strategy for geography assigned in consultation with Zonal Manager/Regional Manager.
- Define allocation of sales targets to the different territories based on clear understanding of calendar of inputs/market growth/category growth
- Plan and achieve distribution expansion by class of towns, and category as per plan and take corrective action, wherever required.
- Plan stocks and logistics for the area.
- Ensure distributor claims are settled in time by proper scrutiny and on field verification. Ensure retention of distributors. Develop distribution strategy in line with changing channel mix. Ensure requisite compliance and MIS from the distributors as per agreed time lines.
- Ensure recruitment/ availability/ retention of required manpower as per plan and monitor their performance.
- Work very closely with Trade Marketing team in management of schemes / promotions / contests being run to promote company brand. Ensure trade execution of new products launches as per plan to achieve 80% weighted distribution within the agreed timelines
- Access and analyze impact of trade promotions/schemes/contests being run by the regions and communicate feedback to regional manager and trade marketing team
- Track & report activities of competition. Develop strong market intelligence and monitor competitor activities on trade channel related matters and proactively provide feedback to Trade Marketing
- Track new product launch progress and report to TMM/Mktg team/RMs with qualitative observations.
Candidate Profile :
The ideal candidate will have 7-8 years- experience of sales in General Trade in a similar FMCG category in a middle management/leadership role. The candidate would have exposure and experience of working on a sales force automation (SFA) app and would be comfortable with data driven decision making.
Essential Qualification :
- MBA / Graduate
- 10yrs years of experience in FMCG sales in General trade
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; resilient and able to perform under pressure
- Track record of delivery, goal oriented along with ability to set clear priorities and meets deadlines
- Result oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Comfortable with data driven decision making and sales force automation app
- Strong analytical skills to derive actionable insights from a lot of data
- FMCG industry only