Research Associate at ABC Consultants
Views:1133 Applications:184 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Area Sales Manager - FMCG (1-2 yrs)
- Achieve monthly primary and secondary value sales target of the area for the entire product range
- Implementing the company's credit policy
- Forecast requirements of TSIs- basic growth/ geographical areas and ensure timely recruitment in accordance with the company policy and maintain full strength of TSI/ DBSR at all times in the area.
- Ensure and conduct effective communication meetings, adhere to market contact norm (50% of available maydays), train TSIs, DBSRs, communicate company policies and other relevant information and build enthusiasm.
- Set annual targets for all SOs, TSIs and distributors for each product on the basis of trends and seasonality and communicate to them appropriately.
- Appraise periodically the performance of each TSI against set standards of performance. Identify areas of strength and improvement, develop & implement training plans in consultation with Sales Training Manager, HR and ZSM. Carry out timely disciplinary measures and separation procedures, as appropriate and within the company guidelines.
- Plan town wise coverage basis their population, profile, number of outlets, business potentials etc.
- Evaluate & modify the same at regular intervals keeping in mind the business growth, outlet expansion, and required coverage frequency & cost effectiveness.
- Drive implementation of coverage plan by all team members through communication, monitoring and feedback
- Direct and Indirect Presence & Placement
- Prepare distribution targets for all brands for all TSIs and communicate these to all SOs.
- Train TSIs and DBSRs on driving distribution growths as per the plan, identifies obstacles and develops innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Manage, activate and drive the business in wholesale, maintaining a strict control on wholesale rates.
- Ensure proper coverage of all wholesalers by TSIs/DBSRs as per the coverage plan.
- Train field force and motivate the TSIs to enhance visibility in wholesale markets to drive indirect distribution.
- Consciously drives range selling to ensure distribution continues to grow as per the plan.
- Monitors and tracks the distribution and visibility monitor to ensure growths as per plans.
Distributor/ Super Stockist Management
- Through TSIs appointment, train, develop and retain distributors and their representatives in the territory to ensure that their contribution to the business is as per targets/ plan
- Negotiate after necessary approvals, with distributors for services and investment in stock levels and market credits.
- Evaluate at regular intervals the services rendered, coverage and distribution gains, and financial status of the distributor
- Develop systems to ensure timely settlements of distributor claims, timely delivery of stocks, and ensure proper service to the distributor to his satisfaction
- Monitor constantly stock, sales and market credit of distributors/ super stockists and take corrective actions if and as required, to ensure that the business is healthy
- Ensure the super stockists are providing timely service to his distributors and are covering them at the right frequency so that the total business potential in the sub DB towns is fully realized.
- Understand all competitive companies and their products, their strengths and weaknesses and ensure that all SOs and TSIs also understand the same
- Monitor competitive activities in the market place and assess their impact on our business. Develop in consultations with ZSM appropriate plans immediately to counter such activities to minimize the impact on our business
- Develop a culture within the team that fosters competitive spirit, and drives them to continuously gain share of shop, share of shelf space etc. vis-a-vis competition.
- Forecast brand wise/ SKU wise sales within accuracy norms every month on a rolling basis for three months so as to ensure optimum stocks at the CFAs
- Study historical trends and impact of different inputs to accurately forecast SKU wise business for the next month.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.