Apparel Group - Buyer/Planner - eCommerce Channel (3-10 yrs)
Buyer/Planner - eCommerce
- The eCommerce Buyer will be responsible for all aspects of buying process including managing OTB, hindsight reporting, assortment planning, and strategy for the ecom channel.
- This person will also manage the in-season process of recognizing opportunity for speed to market product, inventory flow, sales and inventory analysis and markdown determination. Responsibilities include assortment planning and buying as well as product development.
- Strong communication skills are required as this role will require working closely with cross functional partners and upper management and presenting go forward strategies for the e-comm division. The ideal candidate must exhibit leadership capability & can motivate & mentor team members at different levels.
- Strong understanding of financial metrics and can make recommendations on how to drive the business based on sales, history & market trends for current and go forward seasons. Manage all aspects of the open to buy
- Set and achieve targets to execute the seasonal plan, while identifying improvements in otb turn and sell through.
- Identify opportunities for eCommerce channel to differentiate product range from offline assortment, trend forecasting and new opportunities
- Develop an online merchandise strategy in collaboration with marketing team on seasonal merchandise theme
- Collaborate with the marketing team on building out calendar to ensure key stories are impactfully featured across all channels
- Lead product merchandising across the site, including the home page, landing pages, and product catalog; responsible for visually merchandising key pages on the site
- Optimize commercial focus on landing pages to fulfill actual users demand by defining specific ranking and filtering strategies in relation to a wide range of traffic
- Analyze and evaluate effectiveness of conversion optimization by investigating on-site behavior, continuously improving results
- Collaborate with operations team to plan inventory needs, track purchase orders, and chase incremental buys to maximize sales opportunities.
- Leverage sales data, web data (Google Analytics) and A/B testing to understand consumer shopping behavior and optimize sales and buys
- Understand competitive set, including pricing, style & key messaging and uses knowledge to make sound recommendations for departments
- Conduct competitor benchmarking to ensure the right positioning for Tommy.com
- Think creatively/ outside the box to identify new business opportunities and category expansion ideas
Required Experience/Skills/Education :
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-5 years prior eCommerce or retail buying or planning experience, ideally in premium fashion brands
- Strong Excel and analytical skills to measure, manage, analyze and report on sales and inventory KPI's
- Experience in using merchandising tools like Algolia, fred hopper etc.
- Financial experience
- Keen attention to detail with strong multi-tasking skills
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues all levels
- Agile and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs and in working with diverse teams and people