Almabase - Outbound Sales Development Representative (0-3 yrs)
Outbound Sales Development Representative
ABOUT ALMABASE :
We are on a mission to make quality education affordable to everyone by helping schools increase their fundraising efficiency.
We believe in :
- Democratizing quality education: Quality education is a great equalizer. We are on a mission to make quality education affordable to everyone by helping schools increase their fundraising efficiency. We derive our inspiration from actions like this
- Building a large profitable business : We envision building a capital-efficient, large profitable business to achieve our mission of democratizing quality education. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building value SaaS
- Employee Wellness Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member's personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer's success. We believe it's all about balance.
Our impact so far :
- 2.7 Million people connected across our customers
- 500,000 students impacted
- $2 Million raised on our platform
- 42 Million engagement opportunities created
- 25 months since profitability
- A nimble team of 23 (4 in USA, 19 in Bangalore)
THE OPPORTUNITY :
A sales development representative is the first voice of the company to potential customers. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities with schools, colleges and universities in USA by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers through various channels.
Total Salary: Rs. 7 to 10 lakhs per annum
There are three components of the salary :
1. Base Pay: Rs. 6 to 7 lakhs per annum
2. Commissions: Rs. 1 to 3 lakhs per annum (based on performance)
3. Equity: Awarded based on value added to the company in first 12 months.
- Generate sales qualified opportunities to fuel Almabase's growth through various outreach methods including phone calls, emails and LinkedIn. Your goal will be to generate a certain number of sales qualified leads every month, as determined by the Sales Manager. The sales qualified lead is then handed over to an Inside Sales Account Executive who is responsible to demo the solution and convert them into a new customer.
- Reach out to at least 100 new schools per week. We have research team who will provide targeted lists minimizing the time you spend on prospecting. There is also a content team dedicated to supporting outbound efforts. They will help you with case studies, educational content, newsletters, etc.
- Use CRM (Hubspot) to maintain and report on your activity and outcome metrics.
- Participate in regular meetings to share progress, identify blockers and improve performance.
KEY REQUIREMENTS :
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Willingness to take feedback and learn new things quickly.
- All your outreach is for US educational institutions so you are expected to work from 4 PM to 2 AM IST (approx)
WHAT WILL A TYPICAL WEEK & DAY LOOK LIKE ?
- At the beginning of the week, you will work with the sales manager to prioritize which list of schools you will be targeting that week. The choices will depend on factors like results from previous outreach, overall company strategy, recently won customers, etc.
- You will typically enroll a sequence of emails to about 100 schools on Monday/Tuesday. You will personalize the message to each school to improve conversions.
- You will spend about 2 hours per day responding to emails that you would have received from prospects that you had reached out to.
- You will spend about 2 hours per day calling/connecting on LinkedIn to your new list of schools.
- You will spend about 2 hours per day following up with schools from past outreach, based on your earlier conversations with them.
- You will spend about 1 hour per day on meetings with rest of the sales team, updating your results, etc.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE ?
- Discipline - The most successful SDRs are very disciplined with their day to day activities. Ensuring you are making enough calls, sending enough emails, LinkedIn connects is half the battle won.
- Persistence - The quality, consistency and frequency of followups after initial outreach separates the average SDRs from the best.
- Articulating value prop - You need to have conviction and clarity on the value our solution offers to potential customers. This will enable you articulate clearly and also handle objections raised by the prospect.
- Competitive and like to win - You want to win and are willing to work hard to get there. You are open to learning from others that are succeeding.
HOW WILL WE SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE ?
- We have a very detailed one month onboarding and ramp up plan that is designed to help you succeed in this role. These are some things we will do during your onboarding :
- An overview of the industry - the challenges and solutions
- A detailed look into our product - the focus is on the value it creates for customers
- Competitive landscape - who are our competitors and what's our USP ?
- Sales Development Basics - Training by CEO, current SDRs and online courses
- Online Training courses and in-person sessions on using our CRM (Hubspot)
- One-on-one calls with each person in the sales & marketing team to get to know each other.
- Access to hundreds of recorded calls with tagged outcomes so you can analyze for yourself what works and what doesn't.
- Access to current templates and scripts so you can develop on top of them.
- Access to inboxes of current SDRs with tags to identify patterns of emails which led to successful outcomes.
- Role plays with current sales team to prepare you for the actual calls. Shadowing by sales manager for real-time feedback.
- The advantage with the people you'll be connecting with is that they are very friendly and generally more receptive to conversations than most other industries. Part of their job is to build relationships so they're naturally more open to new relationships.
- Once you are ready and start working towards your full goals, you will be mentored by the sales manager and the CEO.
- Monthly one-on-one with sales manager to discuss feedback and scope of improvement.
- Quarterly catchup with the CEO to discuss career goals and overall success.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN ALMABASE ?
1). Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who wants to take up challenging work & push your personal boundaries, then this is the right place for you. This article does a fantastic job of articulating the growth mindset we're trying to develop - https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/29/carol-dweck-mindset/
2). Great Salary & Equity: For our top performers and leaders, we grant stock options. As Almabase continues to grow, you- ll have a real opportunity to create wealth for yourself and your family. We'll ensure you are financially well-off in the end.
3). Holistic Growth: Building a career doesn't have to be at the cost of missing out on your personal front. We believe that professional success is worth when the personal goals are nurtured with equal importance. We will support you on that journey of yours.
4). Transparency: If you ever wanted to know what it's like to be on an entrepreneurial journey, then working with Almabase gives you that opportunity to experience it all first hand.
5). Food & Snacks: You- ll never have to worry about your hunger pangs. We provide tasty home cooked food & snacks at all times of the day.
6). Health insurance: We offer health insurance for you & your dependents.
7). Unlimited leaves & work-from-home: There is no ceiling to the leaves or work from home days. Our only policy is that you use your good judgment. We only care about the work being effective and on-time. Do it from wherever you want to do it.
8). The comfort of home: On a tiring day, if you want to take a break on a bed or if you want to jog & take a shower at work or play your hearts our on PS4. You can do it all at Almabase.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, join us for an exciting and equally fulfilling ride at Almabase!