AGM/GM - Business Development - Aerospace (10-15 yrs)
Client- Aerospace Defense
The AGM - Business Development shall be responsible to following activities:
- Identify and develop new Defense Aerospace opportunities (from RFP / RFI tracking or at company start-up level).
- Should have worked with HAL, DRDO, Coastguard kind of Defense Companies (MANDATORY)
- Work in close relationship with sales support functions (specialists) to coordinate activities, and maximize sales.
- Work with marketing to track and report progress metrics for penetration into Defense - Make in India- as well as export opportunities
- Perform SWOT analysis for strategizing entry into new opportunities
- Work with Marketing and Workshop teams to penetrate into precision machining opportunities in defense and automotive sector
- Establish good relationships with customers at various stages of procurement and project execution
- Formulate, monitor and report progress towards achieving projection.
- Instrumental in bid winning / execution of at least one project under Defence Procurement Procedure (DPP) 2013 / 2016 policy
- Past experience of interacting with DPSUs (HAL and Bharat Electronics), Defence Establishments and Homeland Security Agencies (Coast Guard, CISF, BSF) for participating in - Make-in-India- and other opportunities.
- Good hands-on experience in project costing, bid preparation, contract negotiation, budgeting and business case formulation (preparation of top level project milestones timeline, risk capture and mitigation approach)
- Preferably negotiated with global aerospace OEMs for collaboration in - Make-in India- projects and / or exports
- Managed at least one major acquisition program, while working in one of the Service HQs (in case the candidate is ex-Service)
- Proven networking skills among local and international entities in Defense-Aerospace domain.
4. Competence Requirement
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics / Mechanical Engineering
- MBA from reputed institute with specialization in Marketing
- Business development experience in a start-up environment (5-7 years) and/or in a well-established Defense Aerospace company (3 years) - in Avionics, preferably in Electronic Warfare and Defense Electronics
- 10-12 years work experience in the Defense / Aerospace sector
- Individual with good communication and leadership skills